Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
“No matter how many tomatoes I give to neighbors, I always have too many left for my family to eat,” writes Kay Lunsford of Charlotte, North Carolina. “So I came up with this yummy recipe that helped us out with my predicament!”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Cut tomatoes in half widthwise; place cut side up in an 11-in. x
- 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Combine the remaining ingredientsl; sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until topping is
- golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tomato half equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.