Baked Parmesan Roughy Recipe
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 pounds orange roughy fillets
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine cornflakes, cheese and salt. In a shallow bowl, combine eggs and milk. Dip fish fillets in egg mixture, then shake in cornflake mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet equals 211 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.