Baked Parmesan Perch
Let compliments be your catch of the day when you serve this crispy breaded fish from Carol Gaus of Itasca, Illinois.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound perch or fish fillets of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika
- and basil. Brush fish fillets with butter, then dip into the crumb
- mixture. Place in a greased baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 500°
- for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 pound) equals 158 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.