Baked Parmesan Fish Recipe
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 orange roughy or catfish fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese, flour, paprika, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip fish fillets into egg mixture, then coat with the cheese mixture.
- 2. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with 2% milk) equals 154 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.