Baked Parmesan Fish
Here's an easy way to work an elegant fish dish into your menu. I sometimes sprinkle the golden fillets with slivered or sliced almonds before baking. My husband, 13-year-old daughter and I love this tasty way to eat fish.
-Carolyn Brinkmeyer, Aurora, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 orange roughy or catfish fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese, flour, paprika, salt and
- pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip fish fillets
- into egg mixture, then coat with the cheese mixture.
- Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with 2% milk) equals 154 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.