- 4 bunches broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place half of broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; repeat with remaining broccoli.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour over broccoli. In a small skillet, cook bread crumbs in remaining butter until golden brown; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-18 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Baked Parmesan Broccoli
"I thought this was very good. Great way to add some flavor to broccoli if you are willing to put in the effort."
"Very good recipe. This will help us eat more broccoli :)"
"I am so impressed with this recipe and it is so easy, my grandkids love broccoli so it was a huge hit"
"Delicious!!!! I used Panko Italian bread crumbs and it came out great! Made the full recipe the night before and cooked it the next day and it came out GREAT! My teenage boys loved it!"
"This was good, but a little too rich for my liking."