Baked Parmesan Broccoli Recipe
- 4 bunches broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Place half of broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; repeat with remaining broccoli.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour over broccoli. In a small skillet, cook bread crumbs in remaining butter until golden brown; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Baked Parmesan Broccoli(11)
Sort By :
Delicious!!!! I used Panko Italian bread crumbs and it came out great! Made the full recipe the night before and cooked it the next day and it came out GREAT! My teenage boys loved it!
This was good, but a little too rich for my liking.
This recipe came out great! The creamy sauce compliments the broccoli very well. I made it the night before (without breadcrumbs) and refrigerated it until cooking it the next day. I sprinkled on the breadcrumbs right before cooking, and it came out wonderful.
I made this and the Arichokes au Gratin. Both were a SUCCESS! My sister-in-law asked for the recipes and said this one she will make throughout the year!
Made this and Artichikes au Gratin for Thanksgiving yesterday. both were a huge SUCCESS! I was aked for both recipes! My sister-in-law told me this one will be a recipe she uses throughout the year!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >