Baked Parmesan Broccoli Recipe
- 4 bunches broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place half of broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; repeat with remaining broccoli.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in the cheese, salt and pepper.
- 4. Pour over broccoli. In a small skillet, cook bread crumbs in remaining butter until golden brown; sprinkle over the top.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, 15-18 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 191 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Baked Parmesan Broccoli
"Very good! A little more effort than I usually put into vegetables, but very tasty."
"I thought this was very good. Great way to add some flavor to broccoli if you are willing to put in the effort."
"Very good recipe. This will help us eat more broccoli :)"
"I am so impressed with this recipe and it is so easy, my grandkids love broccoli so it was a huge hit"
"Delicious!!!! I used Panko Italian bread crumbs and it came out great! Made the full recipe the night before and cooked it the next day and it came out GREAT! My teenage boys loved it!"
"This was good, but a little too rich for my liking."
"This recipe came out great! The creamy sauce compliments the broccoli very well. I made it the night before (without breadcrumbs) and refrigerated it until cooking it the next day. I sprinkled on the breadcrumbs right before cooking, and it came out wonderful."
"I made this and the Arichokes au Gratin. Both were a SUCCESS! My sister-in-law asked for the recipes and said this one she will make throughout the year!"
"Made this and Artichikes au Gratin for Thanksgiving yesterday. both were a huge SUCCESS! I was aked for both recipes! My sister-in-law told me this one will be a recipe she uses throughout the year!"
"Boy, did we ever enjoy this one! I never have 2% milk around, but with a little extra butter & flour, I had no trouble substituting skim milk. I also blanched the broccoli, since I don't own a steamer basket. This is a terrific way to get more broccoli on the menu!"
"My family was tired of 'plain broccoli' - this recipe was perfect! It was very simple to make and delicious!!"
"Everyone at Thanksgiving raved about this dish. It was fabulous! I will definately make it again."