Baked Parmesan Breaded Squash Recipe
Yellow summer squash crisps beautifully when baked. You don’t have to turn the pieces, but do keep an eye on them. — Debi Mitchell, Flower Mound, Texas
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash (3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Place squash in a large bowl. Add oil and seasonings; toss to coat.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip squash in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 137 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC