Baked Parmesan Breaded Squash
Yellow summer squash crisps beautifully when baked. You don’t have to turn the pieces, but do keep an eye on them. — Debi Mitchell, Flower Mound, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash (3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place squash in a large bowl. Add oil and
- seasonings; toss to coat.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip squash in crumb
- mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. Place on
- parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 20-25 minutes or until
- golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 137 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.