- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash (3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place squash in a large bowl. Add oil and seasonings; toss to coat.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip squash in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Parmesan Breaded Squash
"This was easy and came out great. It would also be good made with pattypan (flying saucer) squash. It would probably be less crisp with zucchini.I made about 1/2 pound of squash, which made 2 generous side-dish servings, and then I used the leftover panko and parmesan mixture to coat some pork chops, which I baked at the same time."
"Simple and very tasty. I also tried the same method with zucchini and green tomatoes with good results. I used some seasoned Panko bread crumbs the second time and omitted the parmesan. It was really good."
"Easy recipe for summertime meals."
"I've been looking for something different to do with squash. This was yummy and very easy to prepare."
"Very good and easy enough for a weeknight dinner to boot."