- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash (3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place squash in a large bowl. Add oil and seasonings; toss to coat.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip squash in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Parmesan Breaded Squash in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Baked Parmesan Breaded Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2014
Easy recipe for summertime meals.
Reviewed May. 16, 2014
I've been looking for something different to do with squash. This was yummy and very easy to prepare.
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2014
Very good and easy enough for a weeknight dinner to boot.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Diabetic Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Squash Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Vegetarian Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Side Dishes >