You'll reel in compliments with this easy baked fish dish, promises Shannon Messmer of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. "It's so light and tasty, everyone loves it," she says.
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine lemon-pepper and salt; sprinkle over both sides of fillets. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the mushrooms, onions, tomato and green pepper; spoon over fillets. Combine butter and orange juice; pour over fish and vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Orange Roughy with Veggies in Country Woman March/April 2003, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Orange Roughy with Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review