Baked Orange Roughy and Rice Recipe
It might sound too good to be true, but we’re crossing our hearts when we tell you this delectable fish dinner will dirty just one dish. Your brood will be lining up to dig in once they see (and smell) the results! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the vegetables and fish. Pour the broth and tomatoes over the top; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Orange Roughy and Rice in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Orange Roughy and Rice(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2013
this was so easy, and It was delicious.
very good flavor.