Baked Orange Roughy and Rice Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the vegetables and fish. Pour the broth and tomatoes over the top; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Orange Roughy and Rice
Sort By :
I prepared this recipe using tilapia and frozen broccoli. My family does not care for cauliflower. I also doubled the recipe. Everyone enjoyed the dish and I will definitely be making this weekly because it is so easy to prepare and easy clean-up.
I substituted tilapia and was very disappointed in the result. My family did not care for the seasoning or preparation. We enjoyed the rice and vegetables with a turkey sandwich.
I am going to try this dish using talapia - I heard the same thing about Orange Roughy, but I often substitute fish I have on hand for recipes.
I do wonder why ToH recipes don't all have caloric/carb content. Yes, I can break down recipes by ingredient - but it is still disappointing, even knowing these are home cook recipes.
Can't wait to try this
I haven't made this yet but am always looking for different fish recipes. I have not seen orange roughly around here lately, either, so I think I will substitute cod.