- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the vegetables and fish. Pour the broth and tomatoes over the top; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Orange Roughy and Rice
Sort By :
"This dish is absolutely amazing. I usually toy with a recipe, but this time I didn't, and boy was I glad. DON'T change a thing. If you can find Muir Glen brand fire roasted tomatoes, buy em. They are excellent. As for the cheese, I went with mild cheddar and it was a nice compliment to the dish. Last thought is, just make this dish, you will be glad you did."
"I prepared this recipe using tilapia and frozen broccoli. My family does not care for cauliflower. I also doubled the recipe. Everyone enjoyed the dish and I will definitely be making this weekly because it is so easy to prepare and easy clean-up."
"I substituted tilapia and was very disappointed in the result. My family did not care for the seasoning or preparation. We enjoyed the rice and vegetables with a turkey sandwich."
"I am going to try this dish using talapia - I heard the same thing about Orange Roughy, but I often substitute fish I have on hand for recipes.I do wonder why ToH recipes don't all have caloric/carb content. Yes, I can break down recipes by ingredient - but it is still disappointing, even knowing these are home cook recipes."
"Can't wait to try this"