I did some experimenting to come up with this recipe. It's quick and easy enough to prepare for the family after coming home from work, and tasty enough for company.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 pounds orange roughy fillets
- Lemon wedges
- For tartar sauce, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, pickle relish and mustard in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornflake crumbs, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Place the milk in a shallow bowl. Dip fillets in milk, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Orange Roughy in Country Extra September 2003, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Orange Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review