Baked Orange Chicken
“This is a very quick, elegant recipe,” writes Pamela Siple of Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. “It can easily be doubled or tripled for company. I like to serve mine with a baked potato.”
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice and soy sauce. Pour 1/4 cup
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal
- bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken and reserved marinade in an
- 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon marmalade
- over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or
- until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 187 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.