Baked Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1. In a small bowl, combine orange juice and soy sauce. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken and reserved marinade in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon marmalade over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 189 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Baked Orange Chicken
"This was incredible, but I think if it marinaded more than an hour it would've been even better. I read in one review where someone thought it was too sweet so I used unsweetened orange marmalade and it was just perfect. I think when I make it again I will be sure it gets to marinade longer and maybe even prick the chicken a little so the mixture can seep inside. This is a keeper!"
"This recipe has a strong orange flavor and is very sweet. I preferred the Apricot Glazed chicken recipe (From the Cooking for 2 Magazine) over this one."
"I was in a hurry to make dinner, so I cooked the chicken on my George Foreman Grill for about 8 minutes (175 degrees). I put the marinade in a sauce pan over medium-high heat and let it reduce by half. Plate up the chicken and drizzle the marinade over top.The chicken was juicy & tender. The marinade was sweet and just right.Before we were evn done eating, my husband and son requested it again. I will be adding this to my file."
"Best type of recipe: few ingredients, usually on hand, easy and fast. Next time I may decrease the OJ and increase the soy sauce. My husband prefers the breasts pounded to 1/4" so one large breast served us both."
"Super easy and really good. I boiled carrots and used a bit of the fresh oj and soy sauce mixture with a T of marmalade and a T of brown sugar. I served the carrots over rice with the chicken."
"Easy, easy, easy, and oh so good!"
"I made this and the flavor was delicious. It was also so, so easy to make with only 3 ingredients. I will definately make this again,"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.