- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice and soy sauce. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken and reserved marinade in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon marmalade over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Orange Chicken
Sort By :
"This was incredible, but I think if it marinaded more than an hour it would've been even better. I read in one review where someone thought it was too sweet so I used unsweetened orange marmalade and it was just perfect. I think when I make it again I will be sure it gets to marinade longer and maybe even prick the chicken a little so the mixture can seep inside. This is a keeper!"
"This recipe has a strong orange flavor and is very sweet. I preferred the Apricot Glazed Chicken recipe (From the Cooking for 2 Magazine) over this one."
"I was in a hurry to make dinner, so I cooked the chicken on my George Foreman Grill for about 8 minutes (175 degrees). I put the marinade in a sauce pan over medium-high heat and let it reduce by half. Plate up the chicken and drizzle the marinade over top.The chicken was juicy & tender. The marinade was sweet and just right.Before we were evn done eating, my husband and son requested it again. I will be adding this to my file."
"Best type of recipe: few ingredients, usually on hand, easy and fast. Next time I may decrease the OJ and increase the soy sauce. My husband prefers the breasts pounded to 1/4" so one large breast served us both."
"Super easy and really good. I boiled carrots and used a bit of the fresh oj and soy sauce mixture with a T of marmalade and a T of brown sugar. I served the carrots over rice with the chicken."