- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 large sweet onions
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. Cut onions into 1/2-in. thick slices. Separate into rings, reserving the small rings for another use. In a small bowl, beat egg substitute until frothy. Dip onion rings into egg, then into crumb mixture, coating well. Place in a single layer on baking sheets that have been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until onions are tender and coating is crispy. Yield: about 6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Onion Rings
Sort By :
What a disappointment. Had I read the reviews beforehand, I would not have attempted these. Corn flakes slid ight off the egg-dipped onions. Did anyone make these successfully? What's the secret ?
Dissapointed. The crumbs did not stick well. I used fine bread crumbs, because of the previous review. Tastless, boring.
Very disappointing. After dipping the first few, the egg mixture and coating no longer stuck to the onion. Of those that actually worked, the taste of corn flakes was overwhelming. All 5 of us thought they were not worth the time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Onion Rings >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >