Baked Onion Dip Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; stir in Swiss cheese. Spoon into a 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 131 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Baked Onion Dip
"Easy to prepare, filled with great flavors. Was a hit at our family cookout."
"I made this YEARS ago when I was still a teenager for my family gatherings for holidays. Now I am requested to bring it to every gathering. The key to getting it to cook all the way through and brown nicely is to cook it in a nice shallow pan- maybe only 1-1 1/2 inch deep. Try it!"
"This is a keeper. I made this for an impromptu happy hour with friends and it was delicious. My husband even like it and he doesn't like manyonnaise or Parmensan cheese. I just didn't tell him what was in it! Will definitely make again. Served it with crackers and pita toast points."
"How this got 5 stars is beyond me...I did exactly as I was told except used 1 tbls of shredded parmesan cheese and it was one big casserole of fat...I drained it ...it tasted ok...but never again this Baked Onion Dip!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.