Baked Onion Dip Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; stir in Swiss cheese. Spoon into a 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 131 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Baked Onion Dip
"Easy to prepare, filled with great flavors. Was a hit at our family cookout."
"I made this YEARS ago when I was still a teenager for my family gatherings for holidays. Now I am requested to bring it to every gathering. The key to getting it to cook all the way through and brown nicely is to cook it in a nice shallow pan- maybe only 1-1 1/2 inch deep. Try it!"
"This is a keeper. I made this for an impromptu happy hour with friends and it was delicious. My husband even like it and he doesn't like manyonnaise or Parmensan cheese. I just didn't tell him what was in it! Will definitely make again. Served it with crackers and pita toast points."
"How this got 5 stars is beyond me...I did exactly as I was told except used 1 tbls of shredded parmesan cheese and it was one big casserole of fat...I drained it ...it tasted ok...but never again this Baked Onion Dip!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.