- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions, divided
- Assorted crackers
- In a food processor, combine the cheeses, thyme and 1 cup onions; cover and process until blended. Stir in remaining onions.
- Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Baked Onion Cheese Dip
"I could eat this as a meal I loved it that much! I did cut up bread into squares with a little butter and baked them for a few minutes to use with the dip. Yum!"
"This is a very tasty dip. I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the onions tasted. I agree with the other reviewers that its much better once it has cooled. I sprinkled the top with some chili powder just before serving. The recipe is easy to reduce. I made just 1/2 and it was more than ample enough for 4 adults.I will be trying this one again with other cheeses.Janie"
"I added minced garlic. It was super yummy!"
"One thing I really liked about this has already been mentioned...it is even good when it cools down. That makes it a great recipe to take OR make when you need a snack or appetizer."
"Made this today and it was very well received! I only got to sample a couple of bites but it was delicious! Great blend of spice with the pepper jack and cheddar! I'll be making this again!"