Baked Onion Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions, divided
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a food processor, combine the cheeses, thyme and 1 cup onions; cover and process until blended. Stir in remaining onions.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without crackers): 208 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Baked Onion Cheese Dip
"I could eat this as a meal I loved it that much! I did cut up bread into squares with a little butter and baked them for a few minutes to use with the dip. Yum!"
"This is a very tasty dip. I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the onions tasted. I agree with the other reviewers that its much better once it has cooled. I sprinkled the top with some chili powder just before serving. The recipe is easy to reduce. I made just 1/2 and it was more than ample enough for 4 adults.I will be trying this one again with other cheeses.Janie"
"I added minced garlic. It was super yummy!"
"One thing I really liked about this has already been mentioned...it is even good when it cools down. That makes it a great recipe to take OR make when you need a snack or appetizer."
"Made this today and it was very well received! I only got to sample a couple of bites but it was delicious! Great blend of spice with the pepper jack and cheddar! I'll be making this again!"
"Was great for appetizers warm. The next day cold out of the fridge was even better! YUMMY!"