Baked Omelet Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 12 eggs or 3 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the cheese, green pepper, chilies, mushrooms, onion and ham. Repeat layers. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, fresh mushrooms, lean ham and egg substitute) equals 193 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Baked Omelet
"This turned out wonderful - and was easy to assemble"
"This is so good and easy I find no reason to ever make an omelete again for the family. Thank you so much! ~ Pat"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.