There's lots of stuff to like in these tasty baked egg squares from Bill Tucker of Chattanooga, Tennessee. The family-size dish is loaded with green chilies, ham, mushrooms, green pepper and onion.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs or 3 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the cheese,
- green pepper, chilies, mushrooms, onion and ham. Repeat layers. In a
- bowl, beat the eggs, milk, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour
- over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, fresh mushrooms, lean ham and egg substitute) equals 193 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium,