There's lots of stuff to like in these tasty baked egg squares from Bill Tucker of Chattanooga, Tennessee. The family-size dish is loaded with green chilies, ham, mushrooms, green pepper and onion.
Recommended: 30 Breakfast Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 12 eggs or 3 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the cheese, green pepper, chilies, mushrooms, onion and ham. Repeat layers. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Omelet in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p38
Reviews forBaked Omelet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2010
"This turned out wonderful - and was easy to assemble"
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2010
"This is so good and easy I find no reason to ever make an omelete again for the family. Thank you so much! ~ Pat"