Baked Omelet Roll
This recipe is a deliciously different way to serve an omelet. The eggs bake in the oven, so you don't have to keep a constant eye on them like omelets made in a frying pan on the stove.—Susan Hudon, Fort Wayne, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place eggs and milk in a blender. Add the flour, salt and pepper;
- cover and process until smooth. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are
- Sprinkle with cheese. Roll up omelet in pan, starting with a short
- side. Place with seam side down on a serving platter. Cut into
- 3/4-in. slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices equals 204 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.