This recipe is a deliciously different way to serve an omelet. The eggs bake in the oven, so you don't have to keep a constant eye on them like omelets made in a frying pan on the stove.—Susan Hudon, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Place eggs and milk in a blender. Add the flour, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Roll up omelet in pan, starting with a short side. Place with seam side down on a serving platter. Cut into 3/4-in. slices. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Omelet Roll in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p13
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Baked Omelet Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review