There's lots of stuff to like in these tasty baked egg squares from Bill Tucker of Chattanooga, Tennessee. The family-size dish is loaded with green chilies, ham, mushrooms, green pepper and onion.
Featured In: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 12 eggs or 3 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the cheese, green pepper, chilies, mushrooms, onion and ham. Repeat layers. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Omelet in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p38
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Baked Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2010
"This turned out wonderful - and was easy to assemble"
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2010
"This is so good and easy I find no reason to ever make an omelete again for the family. Thank you so much! ~ Pat"