- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Additional milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter. Stir into oat mixture until blended.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until set. Serve warm with milk. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Baked Oatmeal
Sort By :
"This is an amazing GF recipe - lost weight since I started bringing it to work dry as a breakfast bar. I add apple sauce to cut down on the fat, and use natural peanut butter, bananas and chocolate chips so it tastes like a dessert breakfast! When I am feeling good, I use blueberries instead of chocolate chips!"
"We made this in Nicaragua in a cast iron skillet. Made a glaze from pwd sugar and coconut oil and coated the top - absolutely delicious! The kids wanted more and more!"
"Sounds yummy!! I will add the extra milk and some fruit. Could you prepare this the night before and bake the next morning?"
"I made the recipe as written, and it was very good. My only problem was that it was a little bit dry, so I can understand why others added an extra half cup of milk. I'll modify my recipe accord. It's a keeper, and great for warming up throughout the work week."
"this was excellent, though I did make a few changes. I did add the extra 1/2 cup milk like a lot of people recommended. I also added about 1/2 cup chopped canned peaches, 1/3 cup frozen blueberries and 1/3 cup chopped pecans. this was really good. My husband loved it too and we ate the whole thing in 2 days. I'll probably make it again next week."