Baked Oatmeal with Cinnamon
“This is a Christmas-morning tradition at my brother-in-law's. You could top with vanilla yogurt, milk, applesauce or maple syrup, but it's so warm and comforting on its own!”
Diane Bell - Manchester, New Hampshire
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Yogurt and fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and
- salt. Combine the milk, egg substitute and oil; add to the dry
- ingredients and stir until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve with yogurt and fruit if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without yogurt and fruit) equals 316 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.