“This is a Christmas-morning tradition at my brother-in-law's. You could top with vanilla yogurt, milk, applesauce or maple syrup, but it's so warm and comforting on its own!” Diane Bell - Manchester, New Hampshire
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Yogurt and fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, egg substitute and oil; add to the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with yogurt and fruit if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Oatmeal in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p47
Reviews for Baked Oatmeal with Cinnamon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review