Baked Nachos Recipe
My family loves any type of Mexican food, so I'm always in search of something different. In this recipe, nachos become a main-dish casserole.—Janice Lyhane, Marysville, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups salsa
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 2 cups cheese, salsa, corn, sour cream, chili powder and cumin; mix well.
- 2. Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the chips; repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 537 calories, 31 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC