My family loves any type of Mexican food, so I'm always in search of something different. In this recipe, nachos become a main-dish casserole.Janice Lyhane, Marysville, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups salsa
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in 2 cups cheese, salsa, corn, sour cream, chili powder and
- cumin; mix well.
- Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of
- the chips; repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25
- minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 537 calories, 31 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.