My family loves any type of Mexican food, so I'm always in search of something different. In this recipe, nachos become a main-dish casserole.—Janice Lyhane, Marysville, Kansas
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups salsa
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 2 cups cheese, salsa, corn, sour cream, chili powder and cumin; mix well.
- Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the chips; repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Nachos in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p301
Reviews for Baked Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review