A delightful wine sauce turns these mushrooms into the perfect side dish at elegant dinners, but the easy preparation makes them a natural for weeknight suppers, too. Patty Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania shares the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place mushrooms in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. In a nonstick skillet, saute celery and onions in butter
- until tender. Stir in the wine or broth, salt and pepper; heat
- through. Pour over mushrooms. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30
- minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring several times.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 52 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.