- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place spinach in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms. Set caps aside; chop stems. Saute chopped mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter; spoon over spinach. Sprinkle with bacon. Top with mushroom caps. Melt remaining butter; brush over caps.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, cheese, mustard, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted; pour over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Mushrooms with Spinach in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p126
Reviews for Baked Mushrooms with Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review