With fresh mushrooms and a nice blend of seasonings, this rice recipe complements any meat you serve as a main course. Best of all, it cooks in one pot for a no-hassle dish.—Alcy Thorne, Los Molinos, California
Recommended: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-1/2-qt. casserole coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Mushroom Rice in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p44
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2008
"This is quite tasty. I used brown rice and had to adjust the time, though, and add another 20-30 minutes."