Baked Mushroom Rice Pilaf
"My husband, Steve, and I were experimenting one night, tossing together things we both like," writes Marianne Bauman from Modesto, California, "and we created this recipe. It’s a wonderful side because it turns out moist and flavorful every time—with no worry about burning, and goes with a wide variety of entrees!”
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place the first four ingredients in a 3-cup baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until
- liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Just before serving, sprinkle
- with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 225 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.