"My husband, Steve, and I were experimenting one night, tossing together things we both like," writes Marianne Bauman from Modesto, California, "and we created this recipe. It’s a wonderful side because it turns out moist and flavorful every time—with no worry about burning, and goes with a wide variety of entrees!”
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place the first four ingredients in a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Mushroom Rice Pilaf in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p45
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review