"My husband, Steve, and I were experimenting one night, tossing together things we both like," writes Marianne Bauman from Modesto, California, "and we created this recipe. It’s a wonderful side because it turns out moist and flavorful every time—with no worry about burning, and goes with a wide variety of entrees!”
Recommended: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place the first four ingredients in a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Mushroom Rice Pilaf in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p45
Reviews forBaked Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012
"This is DELICIOUS. I frequently use fresh mushrooms and change it up with pistachios instead of almonds."
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2010
"Very Very Good!"