- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
"Loved it. I will definitely try some of the suggestions in the below comments for doubling the sauce and adding a little garlic or lemon juice."
"This one's a keeper! I doubled everything, well ok, I probably tripled the cheese, didn't flatten the chicken, just baked it an extra 6 minutes. Lots of flavour, tender and juicy."
"easy peasy and delicious! Used boneless skinless thighs."
"This is very good. The fresh mushrooms really ad to the flavor.My family loves chicken and this is great because it is baked."
"Really enjoyed this dish! I didn't pound the breasts, just cooked them as is, but the sauce definitely needs to be increased, there was not enough. Next time I'll at least double it. But the flavor of this dish was so good, yum!"
"Very good! I added two tablespoons of lemon juice to the sauce."
"Made this for dinner very good. Took to work the next day for lunch. still just as good as the first night."
"This was super easy and really delicious. I didn't have fresh mushrooms so I used two small cans. I wasn't sure about that because we love fresh mushrooms, but when they were sauteed in butter and added to the recipe, they were great. My husband asked me to add more cheese and more green onion the next time. When we heated it for leftovers I would add a handful of shredded cheese on the chicken. I'll also try chicken tenderloins, as I almost always have them on hand. Just have to watch the cooking time. Fabulous! Good enough for a company dinner."