- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
"Made this for dinner very good. Took to work the next day for lunch. still just as good as the first night."
"This is very easy to make and very tasty. I added a bit of garlic powder and fresh chives instead of green onions because I did not have the onions on hand. This would be nice for a dinner party. Think I will try it on some friends."
"This was super easy and really delicious. I didn't have fresh mushrooms so I used two small cans. I wasn't sure about that because we love fresh mushrooms, but when they were sauteed in butter and added to the recipe, they were great. My husband asked me to add more cheese and more green onion the next time. When we heated it for leftovers I would add a handful of shredded cheese on the chicken. I'll also try chicken tenderloins, as I almost always have them on hand. Just have to watch the cooking time. Fabulous! Good enough for a company dinner."
"Easy recipe to follow and memorize. Thank you for the awesome recipe. This is now one of my favorites!"
"Followed recipe exactly & is delicious."
"I looked at the recipe and thought it would be good. It looked so easy. It was VERY easy and VERY good. I would serve this at a wedding or wedding like event. It was great as leftovers as well. I added onion, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the chicken in the frying pan. I didn't fry it as long and let it bake in the oven longer."
"This was VERY tasty! Loved how easy it was, too! I doubled the ingredients for the sauce; served chicken and sauce over rice. I will definitely make this recipe again and again!"
"So yummy! My husband loved it and he is not even a fan of mushrooms! Will definitely make again!"
"Excellent! Can't wait to make again."
"I've made this a few times now, and it's fabulous. Everyone that's eaten it has wanted the recipe. It's a keeper. I've noted that the size the breasts are flattened to is not as important as simply keeping them uniform so that they cook evenly."