Baked Mushroom Chicken Recipe
Here's a way to dress up chicken breasts for a family dinner or party, using fresh mushrooms, green onions and two kinds of cheese. It's a recipe I can count on to yield tender and flavorful chicken every time. -Barbara McCalley, Allison Park, Pennsylvania
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC