Baked Mushroom Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Place chicken in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over chicken. Combine broth and sherry; pour over chicken. Spoon mushrooms over top.
- 2. Cover and bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 192 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken Breasts
"This was just OK - the choosing of this dish was more about a low calorie day for us. Not a lot of flavor. There are too many other ways to fix low calorie chicken dishes to bother with this one again."
"Scared by the previous reviews, I sprinkled fresh rosemary thyme and sage and italian seasoning together with salt and pepper and they came out very well! It sure was not my usual everyday cooking when my husband took a serving of the left overs when put side by side with a newly cooked dish."
"Didn't care for this one, no flavor to the chicken even though I did season it before cooking. Pretty disappointing."
"I cut the recipe in half; brined the chicken in 2 cups water, 1/8 cup sugar, 1/4 cup kosher salt and the juice and rind of 1/2 lemon for 30 minutes. I browned the chicken just to give it a little color before I baked it. I heated the chicken broth and sherry for a few minutes to reduce it a bit. I did not add any additional salt. I think next time I will add some rosemary or basil before baking."
"This is delicious !!!"
"This recipe was very easy to make. The chicken came out incredibly juicy. It needed a little more flavor. Next time I think I'll add some basil."