Baked Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken(35)
Sort By :
This chicken turned out very flavorful and moist. I left out the mushrooms and added onions and Italian herbs, as I did not have any mushrooms. It is a great gourmet-style recipe that is not too complicated! I would definitely make this again!
I don't use the cheese. We love this dish.
me and my husband really liked it. I didn't have any green onions but it turned out really well. I used about a cup of broth to start out with and it boiled down good. I loved the cheese on top and probably put more than called for! The mushrooms were fantastic!
One of my favorite "company" dishes... especially when it isn't grilling season. So moist and flavorful - I always receive rave reviews. delicious with the "Herbed Angel Hair Pasta."
I have made this recipe numerous times since the first time I served it to my family. It is excellent. We add additional mushrooms since we love them.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >