Baked Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
"WOW is all I can say! This is so yummy! I think the only thing I would do differently is eliminate the salt and add a little garlic. It was perfect with an entire 8oz container of mushrooms with some rice pilaf on the side. Anything more would have been too much food. Definitely making this again soon."
"Very good! I think next time I wont add the extra salt. I think with the chicken broth, it added enough salt. It was very tasty and moist, will definitely make again!"
"These are very similar to Paula Deen's Chicken Georgia recipe."
"This has been a family favorite in our house for years! I admit, I always use more cheese than it calls for, probably 1 c. and I use the whole 8 oz package of mushrooms."
"So good! If you love mushrooms, you have to try this recipe!"