Baked Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
"Outstanding! One of the best chicken dishes I've ever found too. Slight modifications I made include the use of chicken tenders, and onion powder and garlic powder added to the mushrooms (I didn't have any green onions). To echo previous comment, this is a new favorite!"
"This is excellent , I did add garlic as we love it and it was great, a new favorite!"
"I was looking for a recipe to use ingredients that I had left over, so I used onion powder instead of green onions and a sprinkling of extra-sharp cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella. My family was totally over the moon for this dish. Superb!"
"Ths is one of the best chicken recipes I've ever found."
"WOW is all I can say! This is so yummy! I think the only thing I would do differently is eliminate the salt and add a little garlic. It was perfect with an entire 8oz container of mushrooms with some rice pilaf on the side. Anything more would have been too much food. Definitely making this again soon."