- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
"This was delicious! Made it with chicken tenders but otherwise didn't change a thing. Really easy dish that is sure to be a crowd pleaser."
"I LOVE this recipe. It's great for a quick weeknight meal, but even better for company. It tastes and looks like it's a lot of work, but so simple. It's a go-to dish when I have guests over.TIP: This is also very easy to serve to someone who can't have dairy. It's still delicious if you keep the cheeses separate and sprinkle it on after dishing it up."
"I tried this recipe tonight and it was delicious...thank you...I wish I knew how to add a picture...."
"Easy, quick, and tasty chicken dish... very tende rand love the cheeses in this recipe. I plan to make this again soon."
"Excellent dish! Wonderful flavor! I couldn't believe that I made it. Just the right amount of everything! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!!!"