- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
"Just made this tonight, and my husband and I both thought it was so good! I added some garlic powder and ground pepper to the chicken while sauteing for some extra flavor, and left off the green onions. Very tender and flavorful - great for a week night meal but would also be nice for guests. Definitely a keeper!"
"Delicious and very easy to make. I served it with instant brown rice (takes only 10 minutes to make) and fresh mini bell peppers. I liked it so much that I had it for dinner last night, and then for lunch and dinner today!"
"This is unbelievable. I used sliced baby portabella mushrooms I added some leftover white wine it was really elegant."
"Great go to recipe, quick and east and very easy with a good blending of mushroom sauce and cheeses. I simply use thin chicken breasts and that makes it even quicker."