Baked Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
"So good! If you love mushrooms, you have to try this recipe!"
"This was easy and tasty. I would add garlic to the mushroom saute next time and double the recipe - I bet it'd be great as leftovers."
"This recipe was excellent! It was easy to make, too. My husband even gave it 5 stars and he doesn't give many recipes that high a rating. It would make a great dish for company. Served it with brown rice, Lemon Butter Green Beans and Strawberry Spinach Salad."
"T his was so yummy and easy! We will definetely make again."
"great tasting, easy to make,"