Baked Monterey Chicken with Roasted Veggies Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place asparagus and red peppers in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; toss with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast 5-8 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from dish.
- Season chicken with the remaining salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; brown 3 chicken breasts on both sides. Transfer to the same baking dish. Repeat with an additional 1 tablespoon butter and remaining chicken. Top chicken with roasted vegetables.
- In same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in broth, cream and wine. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Monterey Chicken with Roasted Veggies
"My husband and son rate my suppers on a scale from 1-10 if I'm trying a new recipe. This one got a 10. So delicious. I served it with rice. Next time I think I'll serve it with pasta."
"We thoroughly enjoyed this dish. I will definitely make it again. Asparagus ,peppers , and chicken breast were all on sale this week. I am thrilled when I am able to prepare such an elegant dish on my tight budget."
"This was very good and the chicken was really moist. I thought the sauce needed something, next time I make it I will add garlic to sauce. I will make this again."
"This is one of the best recipes I have ever tried! Definitely restaurant quality! Thank you for the recipe!"
"This was really good!! Will keep this one."
"Insanely good! Used the wine. Perfect exactly as written."
"I did as the other reviewers and made it exactly as the recipe is written and it was fabulous. Will be making this again and again."
"I love this recipe. Im only 15 and love to cook. This recipe it simple and fun especially when we have guest over"
"This is so easy to make and is delicious! My family loved it!"