Baked Mixed Vegetables Recipe
Thyme and tarragon provide the pleasant seasoning in this colorful side dish of potatoes, carrots, red peppers and zucchini. The recipe is a snap to assemble and makes two big pans, so it’s great for a potluck or large gathering.—Alison Gilmore, Portland, Oregon
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, zucchini, onions and red peppers. Add the oil, garlic, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 dishes (8 servings each).
3/4 cup equals 104 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Baked Mixed Vegetables
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC