Thyme and tarragon provide the pleasant seasoning in this colorful side dish of potatoes, carrots, red peppers and zucchini. The recipe is a snap to assemble and makes two big pans, so it’s great for a potluck or large gathering.—Alison Gilmore, Portland, Oregon
Recommended: 40 Recipes for Vegetable Soup
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, zucchini, onions and red peppers. Add the oil, garlic, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 dishes (8 servings each).
Originally published as Baked Mixed Vegetables in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Reviews for Baked Mixed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2012
"I have made this recipe twice now and it was great both times. I made it just the way the recipe calls for the first time. The second time, I took out the zucchini. I would definitely make it again!"