Baked Mexican Casserole Recipe
My husband and I both work full-time, so we have little time to cook. This dish is quick and delicious. We freeze leftovers as individual servings for lunch.Jean Isken, Sussex, Wisconsin
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 7 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes and taco seasoning; cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Layer four tortillas, overlapping slightly, on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with meat mixture and remaining tortillas. combine the eggs, cottage cheese and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese; pour over tortillas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p291
Reviews for Baked Mexican Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2011
Quick and easy to prepare ..it was a hit with my family!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >