Baked Meat Loaf Wellington Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese and parsley to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour; drain. Unroll crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Drape dough over meat loaf to cover the top, sides and ends; seal ends. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 1 minute longer. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Serve with remaining spaghetti sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Baked Meat Loaf Wellington(5)
Sort By :
This was okay. I had trouble getting the roll to stay together. Seemed like a lot of work for just an average result. Will stick with my standard meatloaf recipe in the future.
I've made this many times and my husband and I really like it. It looks fancy, but is pretty simple to make.
What a great twist on an old idea! Super easy to make; I used my own favorite meatloaf recipe instead of this one and it turned out great.
This recipe is great! My family of 5 just loves it!! Big hit with the kids.
My husband loves this meatloaf! Have made some midifications to it over time. We had crubled bacon, onion, bell pepper and garlic to the meat mixture just to flavor it up, but the idea is incredible and the crescent roll crust just makes it awesome!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >