- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 medium unpeeled potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Place potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef and onion. Place peas in the center; arrange mushrooms around the peas. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and sesame seeds; drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meal-in-One Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p19
Reviews for Baked Meal-in-One Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2012
"I have made this recipe several times and find if very easy and good. Once it's together, just bake and serve with salad and bread and meal is complete."