Baked Maple Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in oil and vinegar. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Shape into a 6-in. circle. Roll out between two pieces of plastic wrap to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Remove top piece of plastic wrap; invert pastry into a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chilled.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg substitute, syrup, cinnamon, ginger, maple flavoring and nutmeg; mix just until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 282 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 2 fat
Reviews for Baked Maple Pumpkin Pie
"Was a little hesitant to try, thought the maple flavoring would be too strong. But it was not!!! The flavoring worked very well in this recipe and pie was not too sweet like some pumpkin pie recipes. Definitely recommend trying this!!!!"
"First made this recipe 4 years ago and has now been the only pumpkin pie recipe I make. Everyone goes back for seconds."
"It was alright, but everyone only ate one slice at Thanksgiving and said they wished they would have taken the Pecan Pie"