Baked Maple Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Since I have to watch my saturated fat, I was happy to find this recipe for a good pumpkin pie. We enjoy its mild maple flavor. —Betty Leonard of Steinhatchee, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in oil and vinegar. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Shape into a 6-in. circle. Roll out between two pieces of plastic wrap to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Remove top piece of plastic wrap; invert pastry into a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chilled.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg substitute, syrup, cinnamon, ginger, maple flavoring and nutmeg; mix just until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 282 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC