Baked Maple Butter Twists Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, butter, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine filling ingredients; spread over each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 4. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. With a sharp knife, cut each roll in half lengthwise; carefully turn cut sides up. Loosely twist strips around each other, keeping cut sides up. Shape into a ring and pinch ends together. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 coffee cakes.
1 piece: 250 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Baked Maple Butter Twists
"These bread twists are amazing. Can't believe they came out looking so pretty and tasting awesome too! I had been wanting to make this recipe for awhile but thought 'Oh it looks kind of complicated'. It actually wasn't a difficult recipe at all!"
"OMG...let it rise for one hour and I had the biggest, softest, most delish bread ever.I used instant yeast following the directions carefully so after a 10 minute rest and shaping I only need one rise. Because I stepped out of the house and came back in an hour it got extra rise time. It was incredible."
"Oops... I just realized that I rated the wrong one... I made another one with a glaze on it... they have the exact same name."
"These are so good! I made them for Christmas morning last year and everyone loved them!"