- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, butter, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine filling ingredients; spread over each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. With a sharp knife, cut each roll in half lengthwise; carefully turn cut sides up. Loosely twist strips around each other, keeping cut sides up. Shape into a ring and pinch ends together. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 coffee cakes.
Reviews for Baked Maple Butter Twists
Sort By :
"These bread twists are amazing. Can't believe they came out looking so pretty and tasting awesome too! I had been wanting to make this recipe for awhile but thought 'Oh it looks kind of complicated'. It actually wasn't a difficult recipe at all!"
"OMG...let it rise for one hour and I had the biggest, softest, most delish bread ever.I used instant yeast following the directions carefully so after a 10 minute rest and shaping I only need one rise. Because I stepped out of the house and came back in an hour it got extra rise time. It was incredible."
"Oops... I just realized that I rated the wrong one... I made another one with a glaze on it... they have the exact same name."
"These are so good! I made them for Christmas morning last year and everyone loved them!"