Baked Macaroni 'n' Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the cheese, green pepper, onion and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over macaroni mixture and mix well.
- 2. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Yield: 18 (3/4-cup) servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 359 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Macaroni 'n' Cheese
"this was great!"
"I love the flavor of this dish, but it had too much cheese. I will make this again, but cut down on the Velveeta."
"I made this recipe last year for a large group. It makes a lot of food and this was excellent to use. The taste is great and everyone was telling me they want me to make this again."